Thursday, May 27, 2010

Middlefork non-race and formal

Team Seagal lived up to their reputation again this past weekend and put on a stellar event. Their first-annual Middlefork non-race would be the first such voyage on the famous trail for Karen and I.

Knowing the superior attitutude of the Team Seagal crew Karen and I had to arrive and non-race in style. Especially since were to have our middlefork cherry popped. The below picture doesn't incriminate Karen very much but it does give my enemies something to chew on... good thing I never plan on running for office !



The event and the trail were a blast! What a fun trail it is, but it's definitely demanding. A lot of climbing, but nothing too steep. Just long and steady.
Mitch came down with us and as a tribute of his own chose to pay homage to all the rain we've had of late:



But of course given the audience it wasn't empty for long!!!

Needless to say the heat was rediculous! I wound up stripping down the top part of my skinsuit within 3 miles of starting - yes this did make me a little nervous given the backwoods nature of the race! Mitch definitely felt the effects of the heat afterwards - I've never seen him so quiet. But as usual he raced strong and rallied soon after.

Karen was her usual strong self and pushed hard the whole way through taking home some prized hardware from the trip:


Go here for a much more enjoyable recapping of the event

No comments:

Post a Comment