Sunday, May 2, 2010

Another Spring missing races

Last year it was my brutal crash 5 miles into the Ouachita challenge that left me with a separated shoulder and the need to miss a few races.

This year it's a little more my fault - not enough saddle time prior to taking on the Syllamo 24. I was very happy with the race and how I did. I manged to push myself and cross the finish line healthy - or so I thought. Turns out I caused some nerve damage in my left foot that left me with numbness and tingling in my left two toes. I couldn't really feel them for a few days. I stayed off the bike and tried to run one day but only ran in circles! :) Ok, little bit of a lie there!

Long story short, Dr said to stay off it. So, I sat out at Bone Bender - although I really didn't plan on this anyway due to the 24 being just 1 week prior. I sat out Tour de Tick 2 weeks after the 24, but helped Karen and Casey get their race on. Then most depressing of them all I sat out Syllamo's Revenge. I chose to stay home for the weekend while Karen travelled with Lo. I did manage to get in 64 easy road miles at the Tour de Stooges on Sat out on the IL farm roads. I love this ride! It's my hometown. It's a very well run event and a great lunch afterwards!

The good news is the foot felt pretty good during the 64. I pushed it on and off throughout the ride and only experience limited tingling - yes in my toes.

So, hoping that Greensfelder next week will be 'game on'!

No comments:

Post a Comment