Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Oops!

Guess I've done a really bad job at keeping all of you that read our blog up-to-date. Sorry mom!

It's a very busy racing season right now. There's been a race almost every weekend and August is one of the busiest.

If I had to highlight anything over the last couple of months it would be how awesome Casey is doing! The three of us took our Summer vacation in Colorado this year. We chose the mountains instead of the usual beach scene since Casey had never been and it gave us the opportunity to compete at the USA Cycling National Championships. All 3 of us qualified at the MO State championships just two weeks prior. I'll post some pictures from the trip at a later time.

Now back to my original point...

Since Nationals Casey has been lovin' the bike. She's been racing strong, bringing home hardware, and loving it. We're very proud of her.



Karen has continued to be super strong and consistent on her single-speed. The only race she hasn't raced on it was at Nationals. Since the race start was to climb a ski-slope I think she made a wise decision!

I had some good results in a couple races (2 - 5th place finishes) but have struggled to find my groove lately. Thinking it's a pre-race nutrition issue. Beer and eggs are good pre-race meals right!!?!?

Anyway, there's the update mom!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not ur Mom, but I think Beer and Eggs are an excellent pre-race meal. hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete