Saturday, March 7, 2009

Finally!!

Finally got in a long ride today. John Peiffer and I set a goal of getting 50 miles in. Which I desparately needed since my season so far has been limited to 20-30 mile rides. Not good considering I'm planning to race endurance this year as well as races like Bone Bender and Ouachita (80 miler)!! Am I nuts or just happy with pain?!

Peiffer and I rode from our houses into C-wood. We rode rollercoaster, down grotpeter, then out riverscene. Just past the wash-our area I broke a spoke. We were less than 10 miles in! So we road back to Johns house via the Love trail and I put on one of his spare wheels. Thanks again John!

So we took off one more time but went straight down Ries this time. Our goal was to get to Greensfelder and back before 1pm so we needed to get out there. We headed out on Al Foster then took 109 to Melrose. After some good climbs and road work we were at the Greensfelder trailhead.

After one loop on Greensfelder we decided not to do another. The horses and weather have really taken a toll on the trail. Rough as crap! So we rode back to Castlewood.

Once back into the wood we had to take on Blue Ribbon and Lone Wolf. Then back home via Justins. Once back into the neighborhood we were about a mile shy of 50. So we did some laps in the hood, hit 50, and called it a day.

John was man enough to ski at Hidden Valley the next day. I took the day off to recover. Yes, I need more rides like this prior to Ouachita!!

No comments:

Post a Comment